Skip to main content

We are ready to Purchase Expression of Interest Form for Tinubu - SSMN

...vows to mobilize 50,000 student voters

By Uchenna Ezeadigwe 
Awka

Anambra State Students, acting under the auspices of the Solution Student Movement of Nigeria, Anambra state chapter, have declared their intention to contribute money to buy the “Expression Of Interest Form” for President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to contest for a second term in office in 2027.

The group also said that they were ready to mobilise over 50,000 youths and students for his second term endorsement rally, adding that President Tinubu has proved within the last three years to be genuine a progressive worthy of their support.

The convener and student leader who is the Special Assistant to Governor Soludo on Student Matters, Hon Okoye Mathew Okpala (Nwa Soludo) made this known during a student meeting, held at theETF hall of Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, (COOU) Igbariam campus, Anambra State, on Saturday, 14th Feb, 2026 to deliberate on the Theme: "Discovering Purpose and Working in Ordination 2026″.

According to Okpala, their primary interest had been and would remain the welfare, advancement and protection of students’ interests above any other consideration.

To them, Leadership he said, is about policies that directly impact the lives of the people, a reason he stressed the students were in clear and unwavering support of President Tinubu’s Second term in the 2027 general elections.

Under Tinubu’s leadership, Nigerian students he said had witnessed a historic intervention in the education sector through the Nigerian Education Loan Fund (NELFUND).

The approval of the zero-interest students’ loan scheme policy he noted has become a lifeline for over 983,706 Nigerian students who had already benefited with more than ₦183 billion disbursed so far. “This is not a promise for tomorrow; it is a reality happening today."

“For years, many brilliant young Nigerians were forced to abandon their dreams, not because they lacked intelligence, but because they lacked financial support.
“Some deferred admissions. Some dropped out. Some never returned to school. The zero-interest loan scheme restores dignity, opportunity, and hope to thousands of families across this nation.That is inclusive leadership”, he said.

He stressed that President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has demonstrated that students are not an afterthought in governance and by investing in education financing and working towards economic stabilization, had shown he understands that the future of Nigeria lies in the classrooms, laboratories, and lecture halls of today. “On the other hand, we have heard statements from Peter Obi suggesting that the students’ loan scheme would be halted if he is elected. As someone whose responsibility is to defend students’ interests, I must ask: what happens to the hundreds of thousands of beneficiaries? What happens to the students who are relying on this support to complete their degrees?
“What happens to those who finally found hope after years of financial hardship?."

“If we truly care about students, we must protect policies that expand access to education not dismantle them. Even beyond politics, compassion demands that we acknowledge the painful history of students who were unable to further their education due to school fees and upkeep challenges”, he said.

Comrade Okoye, however noted that the students support for Tinubu was not based on sentiment, but on measurable impact, adding that as students they will always stand with policies that keep them in school, reduce financial burden, and secure their academic future.

For these reasons, he said the students from the zone proudly support President Bola Ahmed Tinubu for the next election, because leadership must be measured by what it does for the people, especially for the youth who embody the future of the nation.
The students he emphasized must continue to choose progress, opportunity, and inclusive leadership above any other consideration.

Popular Post

Tension In Uruagu Nnewi As Community Leaders Dare Soludo,Defy Court Order

The President of Uruagu-Nnewi Development Union, Chief Sunday Okoli aka Organizer, and the Obi of Uruagu-Nnewi community in Nnewi North local government area of Anambra State, His Majesty Afamefuna Charles Obi, have swept Soludo's directive to the gutters, by reason of their suspension and subsequent dessolution of the leadership of the community's youth forum, led by Ejike Ifejiofor, and subsequent appointment of caretaker executive to pilot the affairs of youths in the community. The Anambra governor had, through a letter dated August 9, 2024, signed by the Permanent Secretary, Anambra State Ministry of Youth Development, Dr. Martin Agbili, warned the community leaders to stay any action regarding suspension of the Uruagu-Nnewi youth forum. The community had, through its PG, Chief Okoli, written to the Ministry of Youths Development, notifying the ministry of "immediate suspension" of the youth group over alleged insecurity in the area. But the ministry,...

Tinubu Appoints Chioma Awuzie Substantive Rector, Fed Poly Oko

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has approved the appointment of Dr. Chioma Irene Awuzie as the substantive Rector of Federal Polytechnic, Oko, Anambra State.  Dr. Awuzie's appointment, which takes effect immediately for a five-year term, follows the recommendation of the Polytechnic's Governing Council, chaired by Sen. Dr. Barnabas Gemade, after a transparent and competitive selection process where she emerged as the leading candidate. Prior to her appointment, Awuzie, who holds a Doctorate Degree in Physical and Materials Chemistry, was a distinguished Chief Lecturer in the Department of Science Laboratory Technology (Chemistry Option) and also Director in-charge of Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund) Projects in the Polytechnic.  Under her stewardship, Federal Polytechnic, Oko, witnessed unprecedented advancements in infrastructure and institutional transformation.  Her leadership facilitated monumental developments across the Polytechnic’s campuses in Oko, ...

#Watchvideo : SECURITY FORCES BURST THE CAMP OF UNKNOWN GUNMEN IN AKOKWA

Security Forces in the state through a coordinated intelligence report has bursted the camp of the unknown gunmen at Akokwa, Arondizuogu after a long gun duel which resulted to the death of some of the criminals and others arrested. These criminal elements have been known to be behind several attacks in the state such as the killing of police men in Mbaise, Aba Branch in Ehime Mbano, burning down of police stations, attack and attempted kidnapping of former Governor Ikedi Ohakim, abduction of Miss. P.P. Johnson, a female soldier in Okigwe and recently the attack in Akokwa that left many dead. It is obvious that these daredevil gunmen have been perpetuating their evil plans unabated until yesterday when their camp was bursted by security agencies. This is another assurance that our security operatives are leaving no stone unturned in the fight against banditry and other related activities. While it has become obvious that the activities of these non state actors are politically motivate...